Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an "Active" Auction?
- An "Active" auction is one that someone has placed a bid on it. When that happens that auction color will
turn more "red" instead of black, and it will be placed at the start of everyones listing. Keeping in mind
that it is a "HOT item at this point. The bid timer on an "Active" auction is 1 hour. That
means that within 1 hour that item will be sold, either to you or someone else.
This gives you 1 hour to make sure you get your item, if someone else bids on it too.
- I received an email that my item was "stale"?
- A "Stale" auction is one that no one has bid on for 24 hours, perhaps the price is too high and your asking
for Top money that no one wants to pay, or just no one wants it. What our system tries to do is sell it for you
the auction system will lower your initial asking price by 5%. This will happen for 5 days at which time the
system will mark your item as "Off" and you will have to edit it with a lower price or just delete it from
your auctions by going to "My Items".
- How come I don't see my auctions?
- You cannot see your own auctions in the Auctions listing. This prevents any bidding on your own auction. If you
want to see your Items in the Auction just click the "My Items" link in the navigation.
- My items aren't being bid on?
- This site is only 2112 days old, perhaps you are asking for too much for your item?
No one wants to pay "top dollar" for an item, try reducing your asking amount. Only a fool would
pay 1000g for 1 Columbine. Be realistic this is not a get rich quick scheme. If you are walking
along and happen to pick up 1 columbine, perhaps you should ask for 100g for it, maybe 150g. This
was just an example, not trying to imply that someone did this.
- When I click on a bid button it just turns from yellow to green?
- This is for mobile users, click once to turn green click again to actually bid.
This only occurs during the first time on that auction.
- How come I cannot edit my auction item?
- You cannot edit/delete an item once it has been bid on. So be careful on what you post
- Do I charge for COD costs?
- No. The auction price splits the COD fee between seller and buyer
so only request exactly what the auction won for.
- What happens when my item is not bid on?
Items that haven't been bid on in 24+ a daily script will decrease your items
"starting price" by 5% and send you an email notifying you. If you don't want
your item to sell for that price just login and remove your item. As of now
the script runs at 8AM EDT (Eastern).
- I received an email that said my item was bid on, but it didn't say who.
Right now, a notification email is sent to let you know someone is bidding on it. There
is a timer once a bid starts currently it is 1 hour. When the auction ends
you will get an email stating the winner. If you do not, perhaps you may have email server
issues that are beyond our control. Hotmail, Yahoo, or other email servers sometimes have
issues getting email, if you have too much trouble try getting a GMail account they are free.
- I bought my first item, what now?.
Most people will send your items right away but due to time constraints, work, or normal
life, please give them up to 24 hours to send your item. If you have not received your item
within 24 hours then feel free to give them a "bad" rating. With enough bad ratings perhaps
we can identify the bad sellers / buyers.